We’re looking for an Art Director to join WeWork’s growing brand team on Global Marketing. Reporting to the Global Creative Director, this role will serve as a team lead, contributing to multichannel campaigns and elevating our message across marketing and sales channels. With a love of storytelling across video, photo, and digital mediums, you’ll partner with cross-functional colleagues across the business to conceptualize and execute innovative solutions, setting the bar for visual storytelling at WeWork.
You’re passionate about brand building and crafting clever clear work while continually bringing fresh ideas to the table. You’re highly conceptual, efficiently balancing big picture thinking with refined execution. You love collaborating with marketers from all backgrounds to drive the business forward through inspiring, strategic creative. You’re confident in providing direction and leadership to the team and communicating to partners of all levels, but you’re also still a hands-on maker with expertise in design, video, and image-making. You’re passionate about WeWork’s mission, and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
- Responsible for the development and evolution of WeWork’s global marketing and sales communications across channels (focused on design, photo, and video — paid social, experiential, product videos, email, sales material, events, etc.).
- Partner with and guide 3rd party agencies on global advertising campaigns, while leading campaign extensions, internally.
- Partner directly with copywriters and designers to develop ideas and content.
- Generate original ideas quickly and articulate them well.
- Collaborate on art direction, quality, and curation of video and photography across marketing touchpoints.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners across marketing, product, and sales departments.
- Authoritatively handle personal and project workflows and schedules, while partnering closely with our creative operations team.
- Handle complex problems with clear, distinctive creative solutions that improve WeWork’s outstanding offerings.
- Mentor and/or lead more junior art staff.
Appealing Candidates Will
- Have 6+ years experience as an Art Director agency-side or in-house at a design-led brand. 2+ years in a senior-level role, leading cross-functional projects end-to-end. Client-facing experience is a requirement.
- A dynamic portfolio showcasing strengths in art direction and storytelling across both print and digital, with an emphasis on video and animation, photo, digital campaigns, and email. Please submit a portfolio in order to be considered for the position.
- Strong understanding of integrated marketing campaigns, from awareness to acquisition — B2B experience preferred.
- Excellent creative instincts with a proven understanding of design, photography, copy, and video (motion design experience a plus).
- Proficient in creative best practices across digital advertising, paid social, and email – learning from data and evolving work to be as effective as possible.
- Experience collaborating with directors, producers, photographers, motion designers, and illustrators.
- Highly collaborative, organized, and a self-starter.
- Calm under pressure and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Effective communicator, experienced in presenting to senior partners.
- Demonstrated ability to weigh and discuss business goals alongside creative goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related visual communications field.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
WeWork will not cover the cost of relocation for this position. Should your application be successful, you would be responsible for your own relocation expenses.