WeWork is currently seeking a Director to join our Corporate Communications team. This position is based in New York, NY and reports to the VP of Corporate Communications & Public Affairs. The position will offer an outstanding opportunity to join a global company that is executing a strategic plan to transform its business for the future. The candidate will have the chance to join an organization during a time of evolution and growth and understand the need for effective communications at this stage of the company’s development.
In addition to core corporate communications activities with respect to corporate positioning, messaging and media relations, the position also involves contributing to, and in some cases leading, innovative projects, events and activities for the executive team.
The role demands energy, dynamism and a positive attitude combined with diligence and vigilance. The candidate will be a strong writer, highly organized, with strong time management skills; WeWork is a fast paced environment and therefore flexibility and the ability to meet deadlines is key to success.
- Extensive Media Relations – proactive pitching, reactive handling and active monitoring of media to ensure that the team is opportunistic as well as carefully leading reputational risk
- Message Development and drafting of other communications tools/materials – including to prepare for key media opportunities as well as statements that may be needed in
- Project Management – lead and coordinate projects, plans, calendars, research and insights with team members
- Support the team on crisis & issues management
- Support the team with financial communications including other real estate deal-related work and activities related to implementation of the Company’s business strategy
- Working closely with the digital communications team on social media campaigns and identifying/managing issues that arise on social channels
- Acting as a liaison between communications and other functions in order to effectively gather information that will support communications initiatives and objectives
- 8-10 years of communications experience – in house or agency, at least some of which is corporate and/or executive communications (journalism or elsewhere to be considered based on relevant capabilities)
- Strong communications skills across the board – strong media relations skills (and ideally a strong network), very strong copy-writing and editing skills, strong digital content generation and social media management
- Previous experience in financial reporting and engagement with finance and markets journalists is desirable
- Experience in developing and delivering critical communications plans – successful candidates should be able to demonstrate successful outcomes from communications activities where they have conceptualized, developed and executed a communications plan
- Experience working across various regions and/or territories is ideal but not essential
- Understanding of financial communications/disclosure
- Outstanding presentation / advisory skills – clear, concise thinking and sufficient gravitas to deliver advice to company/function leaders on communications strategy in a timely fashion
- Strong project management skills – can work in a methodical and rigorous manner but equally in a fast paced environment
- Ability to make an impact – self-starter with ability to make their mark in an evolving environment
- Phenomenal teammate – low ego, with willingness to jump in as needed on anything
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.